Home & Condo Owners Insurance in Atlanta, GA
Home & Condo Owners Quote Form
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Condo Owners Quote Form
Homeowners Quote Form
Home & Condo Owners Information
Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
What is condominium insurance?
Condominium insurance is similar to homeowners insurance but is designed for the specific needs of condo living. Many families choose condos because of the convenience of on-site maintenance and access to community amenities. In this environment, the main structures of all buildings and common areas are covered by an insurance policy held by the condo association. However, a personal condo insurance policy may cover property damage and liability risks of the unit owner.
Who benefits from condominium insurance?
Condo insurance is beneficial for all condo owners as well their visitors. In fact, most mortgage companies require condo owners to purchase a policy for the duration of their loan. Condo insurance may cover damaged, lost or stolen property due to fire, theft or natural disaster. This protection could extend to interior furnishings, including walls, flooring, ceilings, appliances and fixtures.
In addition, this type of policy could cover you against liability claims. If you are found liable for a visitor’s injury, condo insurance could cover associated medical expenses and/or legal fees.
How much condominium insurance do you need?
The necessary amount of condo insurance largely depends on the value of your possessions. By determining how much it would cost to replace your possessions, you can estimate the policy size that would be appropriate for your individual needs.
Call us today to learn more about protecting your home with condominium insurance.